The power of referrals: simple ways to grow your firm through existing clients
You work hard and put in long hours in order to provide quality, year-round work for your clients. And one way to take advantage of your hard work is by growing your business with referrals from clients who already know the value you provide.
Did you know that 92 percent of consumers trust referrals from people they know? Nielsen also reports that more than 75 percent of consumers are more likely to buy/try a new product when they learn about it from friends and family. Follow the simple pointers below to get started asking for referrals with confidence.
Ask for referrals in a direct, confident manner and with a specific reason
When you ask for referrals, make sure to:
- Be direct: Ask specifically if someone is able to recommend a specific service based on their experience working with your tax and accounting firm.
- Be specific: Tell clients why you’re asking for referrals, even if it’s as simple as growing your client base because you’ve added a new staff member. Explain why you’re enthusiastic about expanding and reiterate the value your existing clients bring to your firm.
- Be thankful: Thank your client for the consideration of a referral so they are more likely to refer your services in the future. If they provide a referral that turns into a new client, consider offering a small incentive.
Ask for an introduction and follow up with leads
Never be afraid to ask for an introduction, especially if you have mutual connections with someone. Once an introduction is made, be sure to:
- Include how and when the lead can get in touch with you
- Direct everyone to your website and social media pages
- Follow up with an email, and be sure to add the prospect on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is one of the best connection tools, and it’s important you connect with prospective referrals sooner rather than later. That way, they’ll get updates and info about your firm during the decision-making process.
Get started with referrals with help from Mostad Marketing Cloud
Not sure how to get started when asking for referrals? Mostad Marketing Cloud offers email templates that help you easily ask for business and individual client referrals.
Learn more about the automated referral templates and schedule a personalized demo today.
To read more topics about marketing tax and accounting firms and to get quick tips for building your brand, client retention and more, visit our blog.